Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Hard Rain Is Already Falling

So our finances are jacked. But in a way, we needed the push-to continue our educations, to live the simple way we want to, to DISCIPLINE (dare I say it out loud) ourselves and spending....however, before I Pollyanna y'all to death, it is hard. So hard. I am going to have to get a part time job (probably at the Greenland McDonalds) and that feels weird, but it will be so nice to have something to put away, to give to my awesome church, to begin using my groovy budget. My whole family needs prayer above all else. I have such a problem with losing my focus and copping to the system of the world. Just flat out getting distracted from my goals, or freaking out! I want to say public bloggily that Amber, Liz, Hannah, and Vanessa, in so many ways you all inspire me, when you are candid, when you are clever, when you open your hearts and stories, when you make 50 cent bread pudding! I feel like I try to hide alot of things, to always seem like I am JUST FINE! I am getting better at all this.
Maybe it's the peer pressure! :)

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I have always liked narrating the story in my head....for some reason it is easier to take when I imagine myself talking about dealing with changes from somewhere out in the distant future.

"That was the time in our life when we had to get our finances under control. It was really hard, but I can't imagine going back to the way we were back then..."

love you friend.

Hannah said...

It will be worth it....I am saying this to convince my self, and you. Thanks for sharing so candidly. We all must hold eachother up.

Here's to the sisterhood.

Candice said...

Vanessa, I have stolen your ploy! Thank you for your sweet self!

Hannah, I so know it! You are so kind!

Amber said...

Okay ladies! I think everyone is in the same financial situation, but everyone tries to hide it! O_O

Well... maybe it's just me.

I love you ALL!