Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy things and Thoughts to ponder

Sol told me this morning that all the kids in his class think that I am the coolest mom in the world. I love this, because of how natural and fun it is to hang out with those nutty third graders. I just love that he sees me as cool! (I told my ultra creepy China Doll spooky story at their Halloween party-always a hit, and actually told to me during a power outage in third grade!) I also am going to help their poor teacher do social studies. To me, volunteering is fun, but teaching seems like it might start to suck real fast.

I think when you grow up with a crazy life, you think there is some right way, some mirage in the distance where everyone is waiting for you to "get it". Imagine my surprise at the humanity and vulnerability of all of us! I am trying to dig my hands deep in the soil of my life, instead of transplanting all the time.

There's some good stuff at the roots!

"Everything in nature bespeaks the mother."
-Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

Amber said...

"There is some good stuff at the roots!" -- There sure is, Candissimo!!!

You definitely put that into good words! Wow!!