Tuesday, November 27, 2007

All These Things

Ivy is seven. We had so much fun at her party! Bubble machine, 11 pm cupcakes, girly goody bags, and all the Hannah Montana music I could stand! And there, in the background, were my friends, encouraging me, complimenting me, laughing along with me. My spirit is lifted whenever I am around these ladies, and I know that for them, this is how they always are, but it really felt like something that kept me afloat and positive.
And I have to give props to our friend (and freindly preacher! :) , Robb Ryerse for saving the day and unlocking the music hall for us. He had already been a great husband the week before to his ailing wife, and then saved the day for me, when his whole being had to be screaming COUCH, BED, SOMETHING!!!!

I saw Hairspray with the lovely-masking-her-true-level-of-sickness-Vanessa, and all I can say is WELCOME TO THE SIXTIES!!!! I looooved it! I havetogetthesoundtrack!!!!

Later today I want to post some of my favorite Ivy quotes. For now, I will simply leave you with the knowledge that for the first five years of her life, she INSISTED on calling her forehead her "one"head, because there ARE NOT four, just ONE!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

It was a wonderful party, and she is an awesome little girl. I always need a good pat on the back after pulling of a child's birthday party, so consider this me patting yours.

Candice said...

Thank you! Yeah, it makes me think of sweet drinks with a touch of vodka!