Friday, August 24, 2007

Well, I had a lovely coffee night with my amazing and diverse circle of women friends last night. Sometime I feel so new to the whole Christian thing, and coupled with the knowledge of how wacky and abstract I am, I get afraid that I am going to " mess up" and sy the wrong thing. The silliest part of all this is that these are the coolest, finest ladies this side of the whole Christian thang! Still, i feel like I am young Grasshopper. Which leads to nervous energy, and me speaking in metaphors and too loud and too much. This fear is rooted in my weird (too much so to get in to) childhood. It is sufficient to say that the two women I was closest to growing up never really got me, felt threatened by me, and I ditto for them, for years. So it feels like I am in a dangerous sea, and my boat could capsize at any moment. Lucky for me, these sweet ladies are the perfect companions for this thrilling new adventure-amazing friends.

It all comes down to self esteem and faith.

Anyone who doesen't quite get my metaphors, I refer you to Hannah.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

something tells me we're in for something good...

Candice is in the blogosphere...whoohoo..hoo...

Can I introduce you on Happiness? or do you want to hide out on your own blog?

Amber said...

lol!

Hello, young grasshopper. Hannah, oh Hannah... where are you?!

J/K

I'm looking forward to adding you to my list of daily blogs to read!!

Hannah said...

I stand ready to translate....and do so because I enjoy listening to you sooo much.

Dive in sister friend the waters fine and we don't bite (unlike most christians).

Candice said...

Hey girls! You all rock! This is so fun! I am still trying to get the whole uploading picture thing!

I posted already, but yes, Vanessa, you may intro moi!
love,
Candice