Saturday, August 25, 2007

Facing the Pain

So, like years ago I was diagnosed with the lovely fibromyalgia, and I've been able to use my usual weapon against illness-denial. So today I woke up so miserable with muscle pain that I had to face the truth. Time to develop a plan of attack. Cheyne took me to get a one hour massage, and that helped alot-although just being in a room so still and quiet and zen made me almost pass out and miss the whole experience! But the symptoms are tension headaches as well as migraines, extreme fatigue and muscle pain, mental confusion, and depression. My mama has it, too, and has her own little pharmocopia going, but I think I am going to have to pursue the alternatives, at least first.

Here is the serious downer-I have to give up caffeine.

RIP mocha everything. You have been my energy source for many years.

Oh well-Arsaga's has neat little teapots of herbal tea.

Thank you to my friends who posted-I just LOVE y'all!

Ness, feel free to introduce me.

OH! The one upside is that massage is one of the number one things that they say helps! Maybe some of my gal pals can come along and get one with me for moral support!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Candy,

I'm such a supporting friend... count me in for AS MANY MASSAGES as you need friends for!!!

I'm here for you. really.

*sniff,sniff*

Vanessa said...

oh no! Although "tea and sympathy" do go better together than "coffee and b*&%#ing."

: )

Candice said...

Yeah, I nearly passed out with gratitude at Chick-Fil-A this morning buying Aley's fruit cup when I saw that they had caffeinefree diet coke.
pretty nasty tasting, but it makes me feel like a Candice!

Vanessa said...

if it has neither sugar nor caffeine...what the hell is it????

Candice said...

I know, I would swear diet soda is made of some nuclear substance that might someday aid in time travel!