Monday, September 10, 2007

What I Wish I Said

Yesterday my mouth opened before my brain could catch up when talking about how God has been working in my life over the last year and through my church, Vintage Fellowship. I just was never able to throw my whole self into being a Christian, at least not since some heady youth group days. What I feel at Vintage is what I hoped for all along my journey-true community. We hit our speed bumps, but I am not ridiculed for dancing to my own drum, or chastised for my political party, although honest, family style discussions and gentle debates are par for the course, I think.

Robb, one of my preachers and friends, said that the best definition of Shalom is restoration of the world "when everything is as it is supposed to be." or intended to be, or was in the beginning. I have tasted that in deep conversations about loss and the Holy Spirit-or singing with the worship team, or hearing my friends husband tell the whole church he wants to be a better husband, or watching my husband decide to plunge right in, to be baptized into a faith he had only experienced in a very narrow way-I like these glimpses.

So thanks for the love Vintage! I love you right back!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I couldn't even put words together yesterday, but I feel like it was an end and a beginning...and every bit as chaotic as our first service : )

what will the next year hold, I wonder???

Unknown said...

Quote of the day: "It doesn't get easier, but it does get better."

Perfect, and true.

Hannah said...

I can't believe I missed it.

Amber said...

I knew I wouldn't be able to get the words out if I had tried. I can't wait to see what this next year brings!